Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Some updates

Mia's reaching 3 months pretty soon. It's unbelievable how fast time flies, which really surprises me this time considering it is the fasting month when things are expected to be sllooooowwweerrr than usual. Anyway, this also means that I've almost successfully breastfed Mia for her first 3 months, something that I'm personally quite proud about as it has not been so easy for me. Mia's not really good at direct breastfeeding, she gets easily distracted and pulls away at the earliest sign of milk letdown which is soooo frustrating..all that good stuff wasted away! :( So I've no choice but to pump and feed her with the bottle. Now that I've started work, I have to sneak in a few pumping sessions at where else but in my car! I guess this old building's got a few good things about it such as the extremely private carparks :)
Truthfully, the fasting month has been pretty tough on the milk supply, as I do not have the liberty to drink and eat properly as to observe the fasting period. Not that I'm fasting anyway since I'm breastfeeding, but yea, just to show respect to others who are. I can't wait for Ramadhan to be over, hopefully the supply will return to normal once my mealtimes are more balanced and regulated. I've recently continued taking the Fenugreek pills, but so far I haven't seen any improvement... Too soon to tell maybe. Of course I plan to breastfeed Mia as long as I can, at least longer than Imran which was 4 months before I finally threw in the towel. Fingers crossed!
Raya is coming real soon, like in 3 days time and this year is gonna be pretty much like last year. Except for the new addition to the family! I'm so excited to get her all dressed up in the cute little dress I got from Pumpkin Patch!
In laws are arriving tomorrow and I'm glad that everything's prepared for their stay. Except the computer room which we have temporarily converted to a bedroom for my bro inlaw. Just need to carry the sofabed up two flights of stairs from the basement! No big deal lah, hahaha (pengsan)!

No comments: