Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Just another Raya post

Raya this year was moderately celebrated this year, at least for us. Had a lovely day in with the family, his and mine, just catching up and having a good time amidst the endless supply of lemang, rendang, ketupat and all sorts of kuih "tunjuk" :) Was a little bit upset on Raya morning coz we were too late to celebrate Raya with my parents and siblings, a family tradition for my side of the family. But I guess this is one of the sacrifices you make when you're married and I soon started to enjoy beraya with my in laws when they finally woke up at 3pm!! :) Imran had the best time I think, playing with the cousins. And Mia was just soaking up all the attention and enjoying the non stop cuddles and kisses from cousins, aunties, grandparents etc.

We went back to Alor Gajah later in the week to ziarah the graves of my late Daddy, Nenek, Mak Ngah, Pak Ngah, Atuk and Abang Lokman. Sitting on the tiled perimeters of Daddy's grave, I missed him even more. One day when the kids are big enough, I will tell them the story of their late Tok Daddy.

It's back to work now and the weather's been pretty gloomy these past few days, usual kinda weather expected during the October - December months. Makes it even harder to wake up in the morning and especially hard to leave my two babies at home :(

But today's a new day. In laws are leaving for Brunei and UK and we'll finally get to put some order into our lives and home. No doubt having the inlaws around are great but there are times when I wished it was just the four of us at home :P

I end this post with our family pic, taken on the first day of Raya.

No comments: