Monday, September 07, 2009

Desperately seeking caffeine

It's back to the daily grind for me..yup, finally have to brace reality and stuff my feet into those black dusty pumps I've abandoned for quite a while. So far it's been really, REALLY slow for me at the office..seems like things haven't changed much since I went on my long leave.
A chance telephone conversation with a client may give me the absolute ultimate opportunity to get out of this soon-to-go-belly-up company. I'm crossing my fingers and praying hard that everything falls through and they are willing to accept me with my credentials. Haven't heard from them for almost a week now and I'm getting really2 nervous. I know that my chance are not that strong as he told me that the company usually tries to fill in the position internally but he'll put in a few good words for me. Aghh...the agony of waiting.
It's gonna be a sad week for me too. My boss is leaving in 2 days' time and I don't know how I'm gonna cope without him. He is by far the best boss I've ever had and I feel that there's still a lot I need to learn from him. We made a great team and it's really sad that he had to leave in the present circumstances, and when I need him most. But I wish him well, and hope that life treats him better on the other side of the fence. I did tell him to keep a lookout for me too if anything good comes up. Can't keep all your eggs in one basket, they say :P
I am meeting the MD of the prospect new company later this morning for another chat. I have to be honest and tell him about the other possible opportunity and that I need more time to contemplate. I just hope that it doesn't put me in a bad light as we have been in talks for almost a month plus now and I still haven't given my decision.

No comments: