Monday, April 06, 2009

Taking out the trash

Looking at the baby counter today, I can't help but freak out a little. Ok, a lot. Time is flying so fast and I still have a lot to do before I can actually go have my baby delivered :P It's 7 months now and I have this paranoia that this one's gonna come early too. Made a quick dash to Ampang Point and stocked up on baby bottles, towels and wraps at the Mum's Care last day sale on Sunday. Wanted to buy the baby cot bumper set but ran out of cash. Only then I felt slightly at ease. But today the feeling of unreadiness has returned and my mind is now jumbled up with all these - baby stuff that I should / should not / maybe I should/ oh but it's too expensive / girly things vs. recycle? / they r on sale! / necessities first - crazy thoughts.

Early Sunday morning, we met up with few other disgruntled customers of the maid agent and decide to have a little "intervention". Apparently the agent's been telling us all sorts of stories and making excuses to delay our dues. For me and 2 others, it's our maid's work permit and for another girl, it's de little problem about her maid's passport being EXPIRED for 3 months. It got a little heaty at the agent's house as she was trying to explain herself but all we wanted was our money back and burn all bridges with her. Had enough of her excuses and from what we heard from her other customers, she's been quite crafty in convincing her customers to part with their RM5,600 only to get miserable services from her. My only consolation was that the maid we got was good with my son and hard working, unlike the other girls who were stuck with terrible ones. After a few hours of bombarding her, she finally relented to return RM2,700 to the 3 girls, but for me, I decided to meet up with her runner direct and deal with him straight. I've cut all ties with the agent and made sure she paid all the money to the runner. It's damn frustrating when you trust a fellow Malay with your hard earned money and only got lousy service and lies. Sorry to say but this is the last time I'll be helping my fellow Malay for sure. I've learnt my lesson the hard way.

Come to think of it, we've had quite a bit of bad service this year. From Telekom, maid agent, Samy the alarm system guy and Maxis damn bloody cheats. We've "sorted out" Telekom and the maid agent already, next to suffer our wrath is Samy and Maxis! Bewarned u blood sucking scums!

No comments: