Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Lat

Last Thursday I took my parents out to watch Lat – Kampung Boy the Musical at Istana Budaya. It was my mum’s birthday the day before so I thought of doing something different with her other than the standard birthday card and cake (which I still gave her anyway! From Bisou, no less). Iskandar also took Papa out to watch it coz we both feel that he needs some time out from the chaos of the house renovation and erm..Mummy hehe.


Anyway, it was such an awesome show!!! I was so so impressed, especially with the boy who played the young Lat. What a talented bunch of actors and good singers the cast were. And not forgetting Douglas Lim, whose dancing got me laughing till my sides hurt. And I must say, this is the first time in my life that I’d say this, but that Awie sure is funny, and is such the perfect person to play the adult Lat. My only complain, which is nothing really, is that I wish the show was shorter coz I had a bit of a struggle to keep my eyes open – it had been a long day at work for me and I was exhausted by the time I reached IB, no thanks to the traffic jam. And I wished they elaborated a bit on how Lat “lured” Pa’e to return to his kampong with the kids, after the huge fight with Pa’e at the hospital when Lat missed the birth of his 4th child. She just turned up at the kampong with all the kids, which is totally strange given how angry she was with Lat.


Most of all, I’m glad that my parents and Papa all enjoyed the show, it was so hard to get the tickets as they were sold out to the last show next week!

No comments: