Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Another milestone for Imran!

One of the reasons I dread coming home from work lately is doing the piles of homework with Imran. I know, it’s for his own good bla, bla, to practice his reading, writing, mathematics skills but sometimes after a long day at work, the last thing I need is the added stress in guiding Imran to write properly, count correctly and color within the lines (biggest challenge!).


I expected the teachers to be understanding to us working parents and leave homework for weekends only, but NOO... So every night, I sit patiently with him, helping him through his homework, which usually turns into shouting screaming sessions when Imran gets frustrated for having to re-do it over and over again, not getting it right, or there’s just simply too much to do, too close to his bedtime. My poor son.


And then last night, I checked his homework to find three pages of reading and writing homework to do..ugh :P..so I set up the table and Imran took out his color pencils and pencils and started right away. And to my surprise, he was doing it on his own!!! My baby boy is READING on his own!! I was so so thrilled but tried to suppress it so as not to distract him with my tears of joy :P but inside, I am bursting with pride. He easily finished the reading assignment and matched the words to the correct pictures within seconds, like a pro. And thanks to that, we finished homework within less than 5 minutes, record time! But most importantly, scream/shout/tear-free :D So clever, my Imran!


So I guess all that stressful hard work did pay off finally. I’m gonna start buying more simple storybooks for him to practice. Thanks to Aunty Dorrine for making us do all that homework :D

No comments: