Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lazy hazy Wednesday

Good morning! And what a cool morning it is today, a lovely break after the many days of scorching hot sunny ones. Most of us would still be at home or kampung, extending the long CNY break through the weekend. Like my hubby who i suspect should still be on his PS3, still in his PJs, tak gosok gigi and all at this time. I'm so jealous. But it's ok, I'll have my long break coming next week, yeay!

Anyway, the weekend had been a good one for us. Saturday nite with the girls, a bit of gardening and on Sunday Iskandar took me out for a Valentine's dinner date at my favourite restaurant, Cafe Cafe. I must admit I slacked BIG time this year, I didn't get him anything, not even a card!!! I thought with all the big spendings this past few weeks, it would be sorta understood that Valentine's would be very2 low-key, or nothing at all. And then he came and surprised me with the most beautiful Thomas Sabo charm bracelet...sigh. Felt so bad for not getting him anything! I know he's been looking at Blackberries and I'm looking to get him one for his birthday. So i hope that makes up for my slack.

Yesterday had both sets of grandparents over for dinner. I whipped up a fab (haha) dinner of ayam rempah, red snapper broth, sambal kentang, veggies and a side of sambal belacan and cili padi. Yums! Dah le had Thurkah's banana leaf rice for lunch, mentekedarah lagi that nite :P Really2 need to detox before yet another pig out session at Hood's this weekend!

So here i am this morning, at my desk, trying so hard to concentrate on work but my mind is at home, my tummy is bloated and my eyes can't look at anything else but the gorgeous charm bracelet wrapped around my wrist :) Cepatla 5:30!!

No comments: