Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bye-bye Kat

Our beloved Kat died on the wee hours Saturday. Part of me died with him too. He was much loved by us, ever since he came into our lives as a baby kitten 3 years ago. He ventured out some nights though I’ve warned him many times not to. His love for the outdoors never seem to be hindered with all our efforts to keep him in the house. And it was during one of his nightly escapades that he was killed.

When I checked his body the next morning I couldn’t find any cuts, bruises or injuries that would give me a clue as to how he died. I just hoped and prayed that death came quick and did not hurt this beloved Kat of mine. I could not contain my tears as I wrapped him up in his favorite bath towel and laid him in the grave Iskandar dug, in our backyard where he liked to run around while I hang the laundry.


The day went by so slowly and I kept tearing up as I cleaned his food bowl and kept away his treats and canned fish. I missed him terribly in the afternoon where he’s always sprawled on the floor, sleeping or just cuddling up to me when I take my nap on the couch. I miss Kat and I wish I was kinder to him when all he wants was an extra bowl of fish..a cuddle..or just to hang out with me. I know he’s in a better place..and Robin is showing him the ropes up in heaven where he can do this all day...













Thank you Kat for loving us..we all miss you.

* this entry was actually written about a month ago..but I only managed to put this up today. A lot has been happening in our lives lately that's been keeping me from updating my blog.
More to come.

No comments: