Monday, August 29, 2011

29th Ramadhan 1432

I am one of the handful few at work today. The towers feel so empty and deserted with most people off for the long raya break. Having both sets of parents within the same postcode / street sorta makes raya planning much less of a hassle, in terms of splitting our time between both houses. As usual, will head to Kemansah for buka later, and non-stop stuffing our faces while the kids go crazy with the bunga apis and firecrackers, courtesy of my brother, the pyro expert. An annual event which I so look forward to every time.


So since everyone else in my dept are traveling out of KL for the hols, I felt it appropriate for me to stay in and hold the fort, so to speak. Not that it's that much of a chore, really. The phones haven't been ringing since 8.30am and emails are non too important rather than the normal Raya greetings. Basically, I'm just vegging here looking at the clock..sooo bored!


This Ramadhan is no different than the last, I suppose. Just a little hiccup here and there when the kids fell sick but other than that it's been just normal, long and boring. I'm quite pleased with myself for being able to dodge the many2 buka puasa invitations this year tho! I only went to one at KLConvex which was so disappointing. Makes me sound like a total ungrateful person which is so not the case. I think having gone to SOOO many hotels all around town over the past Ramadhans has made me sorta buffet-savvy, hahaha! So when the food is so-so, I feel like it's a total waste of time and money (not mine thankfully, but that's not the point) no matter if the buffet spread goes about 1km long. I'd rather be home with my husband and kids, eating whatever Mummy tapau-ed for us and enjoying each others' company, any time. And without having a maid at home, this means having to do all the house chores myself, usually I'll be off with the laundry basket, mop and broom after prayers, only to be done by about midnight, if I'm lucky.


Yesterday we did the last of our Raya shopping, got Imran his shoes, songkok and butang baju. Had chicken and salmon teppanyaki dinner at the newly opened Tokyo Street at Pavilion which was SUPERB!! Can't wait to try the Japanese sweets next. Forgot what they were called, they look like mini kuih paus with sprinklings and come in many different fillings and look so so pretty! They were sold out when we got there so they must be really good too. I hope they are open during Raya!

No comments: