Monday, August 03, 2009

Coping

It's been a month plus since the birth and I'm getting used to functioning with 3hrs of sleep (or less). Mia's sleep pattern is still reversed, i.e. she sleeps all day and stays up all nite. My efforts to keep her awake during the day time so that she sleeps at nite has so far been futile. Last weekend had friends over to visit, sisters actually. One of them also has a 3 yr old and an 8 month old. Listening to her story on how she got thru the sleepless nites which seemed endless and frustrations of trying to maintain her sanity between caring for her toddler son and baby girl at the same time sort of made me feel a bit better. She recommends a book on training babies to sleep through the nite, something i would definitely try on Mia once she's ready for it. It worked on both her children, but the thing is she said I need to prepare myself, i.e. be strong for the crying nites for at least a week before the baby learns to sleep through the nite. For now I can say that I'm truly prepared for anything just to get a good nite's sleep!

It's a little less than 3 weeks till i go back to work, something i look forward as well as loathe at the same time. My boss has recommended me to the MD of this company who is looking for an Engineering Unit Head. We had a meeting to discuss the job, salary and stuff and so far he's quite agreeable to my terms. Now the ball's in my court. I'm just not sure if I'm ready to take on such a huge responsibility. Being in the industry for just 5 years, I think there's still a lot more i need to learn and people I need to impress. But my boss told me that he's confident that I can do this, and I know for a fact that he doesn't trust or give his recommendations so easily and for that I'm quite proud of myself and honored too. We've scheduled a lunch together, my boss, the MD and myself. I hope I can give them the answer they and I are looking for.

Mia's still having her nap and Imran is with my Mom, perfect time for me sneak in a quick nap too before the little lady wakes up for her feed. Till then, ....zzzZZZzzzzz..


No comments: