Thursday, May 21, 2009

Imran at school

We've been sending Imran to his play school for almost a week now and boy, don't he just love it! Of course during the first day he was clingy towards me and shy to mix around with the other kids. He didn't even touch the Koko Krunch snack the school served, his favourite! But by the second day, I could see that he's started to join in the group circle, singing songs, playing at the playground and doing arts and craft with the teacher. I'm so glad that the kids all seem to adore him too, always inviting him to join the playgroup and helping him with his snack bowl and drink. The kids are the sweetest things, I tell ya! I have half a mind of quitting my current job and joining the school to be with the kids...hmm.. maybe someday..

The trial period ends tomorrow after which we'll be enrolling him into the school's Montessori program proper. I hope the new school uniforms will encourage him to go even more. As it is, the kids are always asking me; Aunty, where's Imran's uniform? Need to get a small schoolbag for Imran's things, water bottles and more socks too!

I'm so happy to see Imran enjoying his time at school. He's making friends easily and I truly believe I made the right choice with this school. But I can't help feeling a wee bit emotional too, seeing how fast he's growing!

No comments: