Friday, January 02, 2009

I miss my girlfriends


Was on the phone with one of my best girlfrens and was shocked to hear of some horrible things endured by another close girlfriend of ours. never once during the few times that i saw her did she mention her troubles to me.. and we used to be really close, meeting up for after work drinks and chit chat at least twice a week. so upsetting.. my fault i know. i'm so guilty for not being in touch with my girlfriends as much as i should. life has just been so consuming, with work, family and household matters to worry about. but i should have made more time for friends, more so during difficult times they had to go through. had a long chat with my other friend who told me the summarized version of all the things i missed for the past few months. it made me feel somewhat upset that i've been kept out of the loop all the while but i realize that it's partly my fault for not caring enough to pick up the phone and call them up for coffee or just to check how they're doing. maybe i won't be much help to the situation but at least i can let them know that i'm always here for them for support.

it's a new year and my resolution for this year is to make more time for friends. now that i've got a new maid it's time to get my social life back on track! i only have a few months of mobility before i get too big to move my fat arse anyway!

tomorrow we're having a girly lunch at my bestie's. can't wait to catch up with my friends and just absorb every single detail. let hubby take charge at home for once :)

Here's to Girlfriends!

No comments: